fruity ice slush and easy homemade ice cream!
For our experiment today we will use this phenomenon to do a little trick I like to call "Fishing for Ice".
Safety Concerns: None. All ingredients are safe and edible, though perhaps not very tasty when mixed together!
Cup full of water
A few ice cubes
A piece of string
- Place the ice cubes in the cup of water. They will float on top.
- Try to "fish" for an ice cube with the string. It won't "catch" anything.
- Place the string in the water and across the top of the ice cubes.
- Now sprinkle a little bit of salt across the ice cubes. Wait for a minute or so.
- Pull the string out and see what you caught!