Sometimes around Halloween and Christmas we end up with way more candy than I want my kids eating. Luckily, candy isn’t just for eating anymore! Using the fantastic ideas below you can do science experiments with candy, engineer candy STEM projects, and play candy math games!
Your students will love doing these educational candy STEM activities they won’t even realize how much they are learning! And you can rest easy knowing they are using their brains and learning some cool stuff while on a sugar-induced high.
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
Candy Science Experiments
- Skittles Rainbow
- Frankenworms :: The Kitchen Pantry Scientist
- Skittles Candy Science :: Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Which Candy Dissolves the Fastest? :: Mommy Crusader
- Diet Coke and Mentos Explosion
- Test for Acidity :: Play Dr. Mom
- Candy Dissolving Experiment: Which Solvent Works the Best? :: Little Bins for Little Hands
- Color Experiments :: Crafty Moms Share
- Gummy Bear Science :: Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails
- Dissolving Gobstoppers :: Mama. Papa. Buba.
- Candy Chromatography :: Mama Miss
- Sink or Float Candy Science :: Reading Confetti
- Make an Edible Solar System :: School Time Snippets
- Skittles Density Rainbow :: Gift of Curiosity
- Balloon Experiments with Candy :: Learn Play Imagine
- Balancing with M&M’s :: Inspiration Laboratories
- Exploding Peep Geysers :: Housing a Forest
Candy Math Games
- Build an Ice Cream Sundae
- Gumdrop Graphs
- Sort by Color :: Play Dr. Mom
- Number Recognition, Addition/Subtraction, and Bar Charts :: Here Come the Girls
- Candy Corn Counting (with printables) :: The Taylor House
- Graphing, Patterns, and Addition/Subtraction :: Preschool Powol Packets
- Weighing, Graphing, Word Problems, and More! (with printables) :: Chicken Babies